Medpet Doxydog 100mg Tablets – Why We Like It:
Medpet Doxydog contains the antibiotic doxycycline hyclate in a 100mg tablet for oral dosing in pigeons, pet birds and cage birds. Doxycycline is a broad-spectrum tetracycline-class antibiotic used in the treatment of infections caused by bacteria such as; chlamydia psittaci, psittacosis(parrot fever, ornithosis), e-coli, and mycoplasma in pigeons, cage birds and pet birds.
Doxycycline in known to be safe to use for extended periods when treating chronic conditions such as Campylobacter, Staph aureus, and Osteomielites.
Consult a veterinarian for species specific dosing and duration of use.
Sugar-coated Doxycycline tablet for the treatment of Doxycycline susceptible bacteria.
- Small-sized, rounded tablets for easy dosing
- Sugar-coating eliminates nausea (often seen when using capsules)
- Very safe, with minimal side-effects
- Doxycycline reaches very high tissue levels in skin, prostate and lungs
- The product of choice for Ehrlichiosis, Campylobacter enteritis, Leptospirosis, Nephrites and prostatites*, Staph aureus pyoderma*, and E.coli enteritis* (* when dealing with Doxycycline susceptible bacteria.)
Doxycycline Hyclate 100mg
Bottle of 100 Tablets
This product is imported and sold under The Minor Use and Minor Species Animal Health Act of 2004 with the intent to make more medications legally available to animal owners for the treatment of minor animal species. We do not sell this product with the intention of it being used in domestic pets despite being labeled for dogs and cats by the manufacturer. We offer the sale of this product for use in birds.
Not for animals intended for human consumption.
Store in a cool, dry place away from extreme temperatures and sun.