DAC Roni 15% Tabs -Why We Like It:
DAC Roni 15% Tabs contain the antiprotozoal ronidazole. Easy to administer to individual birds needing treatment for trichomoniasis (canker), hexamitiasus and giardiasis. Each tablet contains 30mg of ronidazole. Product is labeled for use in pigeons. Consult a veterinarian for questions on species specific dosing.
Here is a series of articles on conditions needing treatment with antifungal and/or antiprotozoal medications:
- Canker – Trichomonas Gallinae (Canker), Sour Crop and Cloacitis (Vent Gleet) Treatment
- Sour crop – Trichomonas Gallinae (Canker), Sour Crop and Cloacitis (Vent Gleet) Treatment
- Cloacitis aka vent gleet – Trichomonas Gallinae (Canker), Sour Crop and Cloacitis (Vent Gleet) Treatment
Oral treatment for Trichomoniasis (canker) and Hexamitiasis in pigeons.
Preventative: One tablet per pigeon (400-500g of bodyweight) for 1-2 consecutive days.
Curative: One tablet per pigeon (400-500g of bodyweight) for 3-5 consecutive days or as vet prescribes.
- All birds in the loft should be treated before feeding.
- At time of treatment drinkers should be removed for two hours after treatment.
- While giving sick birds treatment, give the remaining birds a preventative treatment.
- After medication give your birds a multivitamin.
- Disinfect lofts/housing.
- Don’t give the day of shipping.
- In case of doubt or persistent problems, consult an expert.
- Do not use during mating, moulting, whilst young birds are in the nest or birds under 14 days old.
Store in a dry place, out of reach of direct sunlight and between 0-30 Celsius (32-86 Fahrenheit).