DAC Dutch Canker Cure – Why We Like It:
DAC Dutch Canker Cure is an option in the treatment of canker and trichomoniasis in birds containing the antiprotozoal active ingredient, Secnidazole, that is easily administered in drinking water. Dutch Canker Cure is also option when other treatments have not resolved the issue. Package is labeled for pigeons and cage birds. Please consult a veterinarian for use in other birds..
Canker (trichomoniasis, hexamitiasis) in homing pigeons, fancy birds, and birds of prey..
As a treatment for pigeons and large cage birds: 1 measuring spoon (5g) for 20-25 pigeons in 1 liter of drinking water or 10kg of live weight for 5-7 consecutive days.
As a treatment for birds of prey: 1g for 2kg of live body weight for 5-7 consecutive days.
Or use as veterinarian prescribes, can be repeated, if necessary, after a few days.
Advice for use:
- Put sick animals in quarantine.
- Treat all you animals, not just the sick ones.
- Mix 5g in one liter of drinking water.
- Be sure no other water is available during treatment
- After course of medication give you animals a multivitamin.
- Disinfect lofts and housing.
- Do not give the day of shipping.
- In case of doubt or persistent problems, consult an expert.
- Store dry, out of reach of direct sunlight, between 0-30 degrees Celsius, limited storage once opened.
- Avoid contact of medicine with your hands.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- For animal treatment only. Not for animals intended to produce foods for human consumption.
Inactive ingredients q.s. to 100%
50 grams of medicine for birds and measuring scoop.
Store in a cool, dry place away from extreme temperatures and sun.